As an electric bassist, I have performed and toured with numerous Australian and international artists. This list includes The Temptations, Tom Jones, Leo Sayer, Go West, Chris Isaak, Debbie Reynolds, Thelma Houston, Maxine Nightingale, Marcia Hines, Margaret Urlich, Shannon Noll, Guy Sebastian, Wendy Matthews, Wa Wa Nee, James Morrison, Emma Pask, and John Foreman among many others.
A sample of my recording credits include:
• Somewhere In The World, Altiyan Childs (Sony Music Entertainment) – #8 ARIA Singles Chart
• The Prayer, Anthony Callea (Sony/BMG Records) – #1 ARIA Singles Chart (Highest Selling Australian Single)
• Per Sempre (For Always), Anthony Callea (Sony/BMG Records) – #5 ARIA Singles Chart
• C’mon Aussie C’mon, Shannon Noll (Sony/BMG Records) – #2 ARIA Singles Chart
• Jump In My Car, David Hasselhoff (Sony/BMG Records) – #3 UK Singles Chart
• Feels Like Woah, Wes Carr (Sony/BMG Records) – #14 ARIA Singles Chart
• Climb Every Mountain, Guy Sebastian (BMG Records)
• Everytime You Go Away, Kulcha (East/West Records)
• Fly Girl, Kulcha (East/West Records)
• Introducing Stan Walker, Stan Walker (Sony/BMG)
• The Way The World Looks, Wes Carr (Sony/BMG)
• The Winner’s Journey, Natalie Gauci (Sony/BMG)
• The Winner’s Journey, Damien Leith (Sony/BMG)
• The Journey, Jessica Mauboy (Sony/BMG)
• Anthony Callea, Anthony Callea (Sony/BMG)
• Australian Idol: The Final 10 Cast Album, (Sony/BMG)
• Australian Idol: The Final 13 Australian Made - The Hits, (Sony/BMG)
• The Deepest Blue, Margaret Urlich (Sony Records)
• Everything Till Now, Michael Dolce (Independent)
Between 2003-2009, I was the resident bassist and one of the arrangers for the hit television series “Australian Idol”.
Between 2013-2014, I was the Head of Academic Studies at the Australian Institute of Music (AIM). Since the early 1990's, I have spent many years at AIM teaching classes in bass, music theory, arranging, songwriting, contemporary performance, and digital music technology. I was also a sessional lecturer in contemporary music arranging at the University of Western Sydney (UWS) between 2010-2011, and a bass instructor at the Australian International Conservatorium of Music (AICM) in October, 2011.
From 2003, I have completed several courses in arranging, jazz composition and improvisation, counterpoint, orchestration and digital music production through Berkleemusic (http://online.berklee.edu) which is the online school for Berklee College of Music in Boston, USA.
Since September 2015, I am one of the online instructors of the "Arranging: Advanced Horn Writing" course for Berklee Online (https://online.berklee.edu/courses/arranging-advanced-horn-writing). This course was authored by my dear friend and arranging mentor Jerry Gates and teaches you everything you need to know on how to write for a contemporary horn section.
I have played bass for a number of major theatre productions including:
2016 - We Will Rock You (Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne)
2017 - The Bodyguard (Sydney)
2018 to 2019 - Mamma Mia! (Sydney), Priscilla, Queen of the Desert (Sydney) and Madiba - The Musical (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Adelaide)
Between 2013-2018, I studied for a PhD in Composition at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music under the supervision of Prof. Matthew Hindson, Ross Edwards and Carl Vine. I received my Master of Music in Composition (Jazz) degree under the supervision of Bill Motzing in 2011, and an Associate Diploma in Jazz Studies in 1997.