As an electric bassist, I have performed and toured with numerous Australian and international artists including The Temptations, Tom Jones, Leo Sayer, Go West, Chris Isaak, Debbie Reynolds, Thelma Houston, Maxine Nightingale, Marcia Hines, Margaret Urlich, Shannon Noll, Guy Sebastian, Wendy Matthews, Wa Wa Nee, James Morrison, Emma Pask, and John Foreman among many others. I was also the resident bassist and one of the arrangers for the hit television series “Australian Idol”.
I have played in many hit stage musicals including We Will Rock You, The Bodyguard, Mamma Mia!, Priscilla Queen of the Desert, Madiba, Muriel’s Wedding and Billy Elliott.
Since 2015, I have been teaching the Berklee Online course, "Arranging: Advanced Horn Writing" for Berklee College of Music in Boston USA with students from all over the world. I was the Head of Academic Studies at the Australian Institute of Music (AIM) and spent many years teaching classes in bass, music theory, arranging, songwriting, contemporary performance and digital music technology. I was also a sessional lecturer in contemporary music arranging at the University of Western Sydney (UWS), and a bass instructor at the Australian International Conservatorium of Music (AICM).
I spent three years studying for a PhD in Composition at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music under the supervision of Prof. Matthew Hindson, Ross Edwards and Carl Vine. I have also received my Master of Music in Composition (Jazz) degree under the supervision of Bill Motzing in 2011, a Diploma and Certificate in Educational Studies, an Associate Diploma in Jazz Studies and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
I have completed several courses in arranging, jazz composition and improvisation, counterpoint, orchestration and digital music production through Berklee College of Music.
A sample of my recording credits include:
• Somewhere In The World, Altiyan Childs (Sony Music Entertainment) – #8 ARIA Singles Chart
• The Prayer, Anthony Callea (Sony/BMG Records) – #1 ARIA Singles Chart (Highest Selling Australian Single)
• Per Sempre (For Always), Anthony Callea (Sony/BMG Records) – #5 ARIA Singles Chart
• C’mon Aussie C’mon, Shannon Noll (Sony/BMG Records) – #2 ARIA Singles Chart
• Jump In My Car, David Hasselhoff (Sony/BMG Records) – #3 UK Singles Chart
• Feels Like Woah, Wes Carr (Sony/BMG Records) – #14 ARIA Singles Chart
• Climb Every Mountain, Guy Sebastian (BMG Records)
• Everytime You Go Away, Kulcha (East/West Records)
• Fly Girl, Kulcha (East/West Records)
• Introducing Stan Walker, Stan Walker (Sony/BMG)
• The Way The World Looks, Wes Carr (Sony/BMG)
• The Winner’s Journey, Natalie Gauci (Sony/BMG)
• The Winner’s Journey, Damien Leith (Sony/BMG)
• The Journey, Jessica Mauboy (Sony/BMG)
• Anthony Callea, Anthony Callea (Sony/BMG)
• Australian Idol: The Final 10 Cast Album, (Sony/BMG)
• Australian Idol: The Final 13 Australian Made - The Hits, (Sony/BMG)
• The Deepest Blue, Margaret Urlich (Sony Records)
• Everything Till Now, Michael Dolce (Independent)